TUESDAY, JUNE 23, 2020
Chair: Oliver Kollar, Tupper
Recorder: Nikitha Fester, Vancouver Technical
- Adoption of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of May 20, 2020
- The complicity of communities of colour with white supremacy
- The role of VPD in VSB schools and the impact of police presence on IBPOC students
- The future of the Ad-Hoc committee, what is next for the 2020/2021 year?
Please RSVP to email@example.com by June 23 at 12:00 pm to receive a link to the on-line meeting.
Terms of Reference
The Vancouver Secondary Teachers’ Association Ad Hoc Teacher of Colour Committee is created to provide an opportunity for teachers of colour to discuss their life experiences, ideas, and concerns as educators, and to work towards concrete actions designed to raise awareness, and to bring cultural, linguistic, and racial diversity assets to make the VSTA stronger through diversity and inclusion.
Objectives may include:
- Reviewing member survey on Equity
- Reviewing existing VSTA policies and structures concerning teachers from the perspective of members of colour, and propose changes to ensure the needs of educators of colour are met
- Identifying the needs of members of colour within the VSTA
- Strengthening the VSTA with more robust involvement by members.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 3:00 pm.