WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2020
- VSB Indigenous Education Focus Day debrief
- Institutional Racism discussion (see infographic PDF – please look at it in advance if possible)
- Byrne Creek Community School Racial Justice Youth Panel Discussion
- VSTA AGM
- Set a June meeting date, chair and minute taker.
Please RSVP to email@example.com by May 20 at 12:00 pm to receive access to the on-line meeting.
The Vancouver Secondary Teachers’ Association Ad Hoc Teacher of Colour Committee is created to provide an opportunity for teachers of colour to discuss their life experiences, ideas, and concerns as educators, and to work towards concrete actions designed to raise awareness, and to bring cultural, linguistic, and racial diversity assets to make the VSTA stronger through diversity and inclusion.
Objectives may include:
- Reviewing member survey on Equity
- Reviewing existing VSTA policies and structures concerning teachers from the perspective of members of colour, and propose changes to ensure the needs of educators of colour are met
- Identifying the needs of members of colour within the VSTA
- Strengthening the VSTA with more robust involvement by members.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 3:00 pm.