POST & FILL PROCESS
Spring Transfer Process: Key Dates 2021
The key dates for the Spring Transfer Process Timeline are:
- March 15th – deadline to commit to a transfer (submit vacate card)
- March 31st – deadline for:
- Teachers returning from leave to notify Employee Services of intent
- Part-time teachers to request increase in FTE
- Applications for leaves of one year or longer commencing in September 2021
- May 31st – deadline to submit retirement letter in time to qualify for ERIP
Teachers are reminded that due to changes in our most recent round of bargaining, Category B no longer exists. Although the ability to vacate your position remains, there no additional right category granted through the vacate process. Teachers may now apply for any position, all continuing-contract applicants are C candidates. Speak with your Staff reps, WLC/B Reps or call the office if you have questions on the changes to post and fill.
Online Application Process
The online application process allows employees to create an online profile and apply for postings electronically. No paper-based applications will be accepted at any site, including the VTF office.
Internal applicants must apply through Online Application Process (OAM).
External applicants must apply through Make a Future. The Board will post unfilled jobs from OAM to Make a Future so that people should check both for Vancouver jobs.